Foods you should eat every day
- Cereals, bread, pasta and potatoes give you energy. You should eat foods from this group every day. Wholegrain foods are healthier because they contain fibre.
- You should eat three pieces of fruit every day.
- You should have vegetables for lunch and dinner.
- You should drink at least two glasses of milk, or eat yoghurt or low fat cheese every day.
- Proteins in fish, meat, eggs and pulses are very important, too. You should eat some of these foods for lunch and dinner. You should eat as much fish as meat. Chicken contains less fat than red meats.
- A small amount of oil, especially olive oil, is recommended in a healthy diet.
- You should drink water every day.